Get the information you need about remodeling your kitchen from the experts at Iron River Construction that know what kitchen remodeling options actually work for Minneapolis area homes.
Considering a Kitchen Remodel?
Your kitchen is the centerpiece of your home—bustling with activity from morning ‘til night. Homeowners are updating their kitchens to match their personality and style, while also creating a more functional, spacious room the whole family can enjoy. If your kitchen feels cramped, outdated, or just like it’s not a true reflection of who you are, it’s time for a kitchen remodel from a remodeling contractor that understands Minnesota homes.
Whether your kitchen cabinets are worn, the layout doesn’t fulfill your needs, your tile or linoleum floor is starting to look dingy or dated, or your countertops need an overhaul, a kitchen remodel helps you fall in love with your home all over again.
You deserve a stunning space to entertain, nourish your family, and fit your lifestyle, and a kitchen remodel not only adds value to your home but also adds value to your life. If you’re seeking a kitchen that really cooks, Iron River Construction is here to help.
Benefits a Kitchen Remodel Brings to Your Home
Many factors go into why many homeowners choose to remodel their kitchen, but no matter the reason, a fresh kitchen remodel comes with several extra benefits that add up to a major payoff. Benefits to remodeling your kitchen include:
Return on Investment (ROI):
There’s a common saying among those in the real estate business that “kitchens sell houses,” and even if you aren’t planning to list your home anytime soon, a kitchen remodel can add to the value of your home. Zillow reports that even a minor kitchen remodel can have an 81 percent return on investment. Not only does this give your kitchen a new look, but it also enhances your home’s total value and appeal.
An open-concept kitchen is one way to transform your kitchen—and your entire home. A professional remodeling company can help you safely remove internal walls to provide more breathing room and expand your kitchen, giving you more workspace to cook and entertain.
A kitchen remodel is the perfect way to improve the function and usability of a kitchen. Some homeowners also opt to remodel their unfinished basement, adding kitchenettes. This opens up a whole range of hosting and entertaining options and can allow your basement to double as a rec room, or even as a guest or in-law quarters.
How Much Does a Kitchen Remodel Cost?
Just as no two kitchens are the same, no two kitchen remodeling projects are the same. When it comes to budget, appliances, and finishing levels, the sky is truly the limit, but a skilled contractor can also help you transform your kitchen at any budget.
Factors that go into determining estimates include the size of your kitchen as well as the costs of things like appliances, flooring type, cabinet styles and materials, fixtures and hardware, countertop materials, as well as plumbing and electrical needs. There are so many different options when it comes to deciding how much you want to spend on a new kitchen.
Here’s what you can expect in terms of price range for a kitchen remodel from Iron River Construction:
A good kitchen remodel includes standard cabinets, and retains current plumbing, electrical, and HVAC mechanics. You’ll enjoy new Formica countertops and a stainless steel sink that coordinate with your current flooring. Small kitchens less than 150 square feet may cost around $25,000, medium-sized kitchens between 150 and 200 square feet run approximately $35,000, and kitchens larger than 200 square feet start around $40,000.
The next level includes some upgrades to cabinets like soft-close doors and extension guides, as well as mid-range fixtures, Formica countertops with a wood edge, vinyl or laminate flooring, and a standard backsplash. At this level, small kitchens run about $35,000, medium kitchens at $45,000, and larger kitchens at $65,000.
For a total transformation, a top-of-the-line remodel includes custom cabinetry, site modifications for plumbing, electrical, and HVAC, and can also include tile or granite countertops, tile or wood flooring, and an upgraded, custom tile backsplash. Small kitchens can cost $50,000+, medium kitchens $60,000+, and large kitchens $85,000+.
Kitchen Design Styles & Options
Minneapolis area homeowners want kitchen designs that not only function well, but also match their aesthetic. With popular design styles throughout the area that include Craftsman and Arts & Crafts, as well as bungalows, Mission-style, Tudor, split-level, and ranch homes, there’s no shortage of styles in the region for ideas. Here in Minnesota, many homeowners also want their lakefront home’s kitchen to compliment the views.
Here are a few starting points to get some inspiration for your kitchen remodel:
- Try open shelving for a feeling of more space and a place to display beloved dishware.
- Mix materials like wood, metal finishes, glass tile, brick, wallpaper, and marble for effortless elegance.
- Choose cabinets in a bold color, pick eye-catching light fixtures, or select a dynamic tile pattern for a wow factor.
- Opt for black or grey appliances for a chic look that’s unexpected compared to popular stainless steel.
- Install two ovens, expand countertops, and take cabinets to the ceiling for added space.
- Feature reclaimed wood for an eco-friendly, unexpected twist or emphasize natural wood tones to match an Arts & Crafts aesthetic.
- Add fronts to your appliances for a sleek feel that conceals refrigerators and keeps dishwashers out of site.
Whatever your style, Iron River Construction will help you design the kitchen of your dreams, then bring it to life.
Why Choose Iron River Construction for Your Kitchen Remodel?
A quality contractor that has experience remodeling kitchens in the Chaska and Southwest Minneapolis area can be hard to come by. Our team at Iron River Construction is fully licensed and insured, and not only has extensive experience remodeling kitchens but has earned an outstanding reputation in the area thanks to our exceptional craftsmanship and quick responsiveness.
What should you look for in a great contractor?
- Licensure and insurance to protect your investment.
- Local experience that speaks for itself.
- Quick response times that demonstrate professionalism and respect.
- Plenty of positive referrals from previous clients.
- Creativity for unique, elegant designs and effective problem-solving.
- Guarantees or warranties to stand behind their work.
At Iron River Construction, we believe in doing things right. We’ll obtain the correct work permits, work through any electrical or plumbing issues, and offer our expertise to help you choose the right materials, layout, and appliances for your remodeling project. Plus, we guarantee our work so you can rest easy.
With an expansive portfolio of projects completed here in Chaska, we’re inspired by your ideas. We value your creative input and relish the opportunity to collaborate with you to build the kitchen you’ve always dreamed of. We’ll use our years of experience to help you answer questions like:
- Can we add an island?
- How hard is it to move or take out a wall for more space?
- What’s the best layout to maximize the functionality of our kitchen?
Featured Kitchen Remodeling Projects
Minneapolis Homeowner Gets a Gorgeous New, Modern Kitchen
A Stunning Kitchen Remodel for Minneapolis Area Homeowners
Southwest Minneapolis’ Preferred Kitchen Remodeling Contractor
You deserve a beautiful, functional kitchen you can be proud of; one that is a true representation of who you are. With over 20 years in the industry, our team has helped thousands of Minneapolis area homeowners remodel their homes and kitchens so they can achieve the lifestyle they always wanted.
We’ll guide you through each stage of the remodeling process, offering our expertise and delivering our workmanship guarantee for world-class results you’re sure to love. To find inspiration for your new kitchen, browse our latest projects here.
Recent Kitchen Remodeling Articles:
- 9 Easy Ways to Make a Small Kitchen Feel Bigger and Better
- Kitchen Remodel Trends to Breathe New Life into Your Home
- Kitchen Lighting Guide: Where to Install Fixtures to Brighten Your Kitchen
- Fix These 8 Drafty Places for an Energy-Efficient Home
- 6 Kitchen Remodeling Design Ideas for the Heart of Your Home
- Life’s a Staycation: How to Turn Your House into A Remodeled Home
- Home Remodeling Projects That Make Sense in 2016
- Interior Remodeling: Make Your Kitchen Really Cook
- Update the Look & Add Value to Your Kitchen Without Breaking the Bank
- What Minneapolis Kitchen Remodelers Know About Kitchens