Get The custom Deck, Gazebo or Porch You Have Always Wanted
Enjoy Minnesota’s great outdoors by building the perfect deck. Iron River’s deck building services offer great deck ideas, product options and more.
From a variety of maintenance free deck material options to cedar decks, we can build the outdoor entertaining area you desire.
Decks and Porches: Minnesota Outdoor Living Areas
What better way to enjoy the great outdoors than by adding a porch or a deck onto your current home? Wouldn’t you enjoy sitting on a porch during a warm spring or summer evening reading a book or playing a game with your family? How about having a cook out off the deck with visiting friends? Iron River Construction can help design and build the porch or deck of your dreams!
Designing Your Dream Deck – Give Iron River Construction a call when you’re ready to design your new deck! Our builders will work with you to design a deck that you and your family will use and love for years to come. There are several points we’ll take into consideration as we design your deck:
- One of the most important features of your deck: the railings. Any deck that is over 30 inches off the ground is required to have a railing for safety purposes, but you’ll probably want to consider having a railing around the entire deck to prevent any accidents. As you plan what style railing you want, be sure that the spindles or balusters are no less than four inches apart to avoid children or small animals from slipping through.
- Are you planning to use your deck for entertaining? We’ll need to make room for whatever size tables you intend to use. An average table for six takes a 10 by 12 foot section of deck space. You’ll also want to keep chairs and table away from doors and other areas where people will walk.
- To add variety, you may want to consider adding different deck levels. Keep in mind that each staircase takes up extra deck space, but can add an attractive uniqueness to your outdoor space.
- Do you enjoy colorful flowers and plants? Consider including planters in your deck design. It may be fun to add built-in benches around part of your deck for a ready-made sitting area to enjoy with your family and friends.
- A staircase is a necessity if you wish to access your yard from the deck. There are many points to consider when designing the staircase. It should not be too wide, near a seating area, or near a doorway. As an extra safety measure you may want to include a gate at the top of the staircase, especially if young children will regularly be on the deck.
In addition to spectacular designs, our company offers only the best in building products. We offer a variety of materials including maintenance-free and a wide selection of woods.
Iron River can Build a Three or Four-Season Porch for Your Home!
A 3 or 4 season porch is probably the easiest way to add year-round usable space to your home. We can build you anything from a simple porch with screens and windows up to a four-season porch.
Would you prefer to use your porch year round? We can design a three or four season porch with screens and windows, so you can have a cozy extension to your home that can be used any time during the year.
Call 952-442-1762 For our Deck & Porch Building Services
Give Iron River Construction a call today! Our professionals will start working with you right away to design the porch or deck that will be the perfect addition to your family’s home.
Now that you know how we can help with your home’s deck and porch addition needs, we invite you to get started with our process.
What Iron River Customers Have Said:
Our second experience with iron River was for our 16’x20’ Cedar deck. Again, just as our first experience, the planning and execution was flawless. Rick Tollerud was our project manager and keep me informed every step of the way with progress and next steps. The deck is beautiful and turned out better than I had pictured it! Iron River will be my ONLY call for future construction projects hands down, no questions asked!
Deck and Porch Photo Gallery
View our deck and porch Photo Gallery for new ideas and previous projects completed by Iron River Construction. See why Iron River Construction is the right choice for Minneapolis and greater Minnesota area homeowners!
Iron River Construction is a local Minnesota company with 16 years of experience and excellent client ratings & reviews. Choose Iron River Construction when you are thinking about remodeling your kitchen!