When it comes to the harsh Minnesota winter, the reliability of your home’s exterior is vital. Is your current siding compromised, leaving your home looking unappealing and drab? Has your siding been infiltrated with pests, or rotted away due to moisture damage? There’s no need to endure the lack of performance or the increase in utilities due to faulty siding. James Hardie® siding is the number one siding product in America, protecting millions of homes every year, and giving homeowners peace of mind, particularly each winter.
At Iron River Construction, we understand how overwhelming a home in need of repair can be for you and your family. That’s why we’ve helped thousands of homeowners repair and remodel their homes so they can live the lifestyle they’ve desired. We offer quality workmanship and superior materials homeowners appreciate for years to come.
Hardie Board Siding
Hardie Board, also called fiber cement siding, is an extremely durable siding product. Engineered for your specific climate, it is made to withstand tough Minnesota winters. When you’re in need of new siding, as you narrow your search, it’s wise to consider the pros and cons of your selection. James Hardie siding, a premium fiber cement siding product, offers the durability and high-performance homeowners love.
Pros of Hardie Board siding
James Hardie siding provides a substantial list of benefits for homeowners that other siding products lack.
- Exceptional beauty—James Hardie siding is designed to mimic the look of wood. Its grooves and grains allow your home to look like it has wood siding, while you enjoy the low maintenance and durability of fiber cement siding.
- Variety of design options—Express your personal style with an array of choices of James Hardie siding style options. Choose from vertical or horizontal paneling, smooth or rough texture, and various types of shingles. And our newest option, The Aspyre Collection, is an architect’s dream with its beauty and versatility. It’s the perfect solution to express your style.
- Outstanding durability—James Hardie siding is known for its extreme durability. It holds up under even the harshest climates, and maintains its beauty year after year. Its weather resistance makes it appealing to homeowners nationwide. It is not only waterproof, but also fire resistant. It protects your home from pests and insect infestation. It is moisture resistant, saving homeowners the hassles involved in the need to repair siding from moisture damage or re-side again. Fiber cement siding lasts longer than other siding materials on the market. It doesn’t buckle in the heat, doesn’t warp, and won’t rot.
- Exceptional warranty—James Hardie siding comes with a tremendous warranty, leaving homeowners happy for years to come. The product’s engineering is so good that the James Hardie company offers a 30-50 year warranty. With simple upkeep, once you have this stalwart siding installed, you’re basically set for decades!
- Low maintenance—James Hardie siding maintains its beauty with little effort from homeowners. To clean James Hardie siding, simply apply your garden hose and a soft All Paint poly brush or horsehair bench brush twice a year, and your siding will look great for years to come! Be careful not to give in to the temptation to wash it with a power washer, or a harsh brush, as that could damage the siding.
- No fade color—Baked on ColorPlus® technology keeps vibrant color locked in for you to enjoy for many years. It won’t fade and is less likely to be scratched.
- Greener siding product—The sustainable practices and natural materials that makeup James Hardie siding products make it one of the greenest siding options available today.
- Protection from storms—James Hardie siding is so strong, it provides your home with greater resistance to strong winds or hail damage. It is resistant to cracks and dents storms can sometimes cause.
Cons of Hardie Board siding
There are not many cons to James Hardie siding. Here are some things to consider before installing fiber cement siding:
- A more complex installation process—It takes longer to install James Hardie siding than other siding materials such as vinyl. The reason is that it is so heavy and requires precision in installation. Professionals who are trained by the manufacturer to install James Hardie siding do so with great attention to detail, and therefore the warranty stays intact. If a repair is ever needed, call the professionals, because if you attempt to make a repair during a DIY project, you could void your warranty.
- Greater initial investment—James Hardie siding is a wise investment because it is built to last decades. Along with their great warranty and high-performance product comes at a higher cost initially. But the reality is, it can save you money in years to come due to its outstanding warranty, exceptional performance, and low maintenance.
- 15 year warranty on ColorPlus® technology—While the ColorPlus technology bakes in vibrant color that lasts, it may need to be repainted after 15 years.
Save time and money with James Hardie siding
There’s simply no contest when it comes to siding choices. James Hardie saves homeowners time and money in the long run while it boosts your home’s curb appeal, increases your resale value, and creates the beautiful home exterior you desire. Give your home the best by choosing James Hardie siding for your replacement siding needs. You’ll love its unmatched weather resistance, durability, and style.
We understand how challenging it can be to choose new siding for your Minnesota home. That’s why the Iron River Construction team simplifies the home improvement process for you, making it hassle-free for homeowners. With nearly two decades of experience from which to draw, we install siding with perfection, leaving homeowners satisfied for years to come.
Contact us so we can answer any questions, give you a free siding estimate, and get started on creating a home exterior you’ll love coming home to. Schedule an appointment today.